Your story is how you share who you are with the world.
My story is one of building courage, finding love, navigating loss and creating beauty.
My work is to combine words and images that meet the world in an offering of beauty.
Let’s rewind to the beginning.
I have always been creative, expressive, sensitive, and intuitive. As a teenager, I felt shy and different because I wrote poetry to express my feelings. Writing and creating nourished me and they still do. I can’t stop from trying to make everything around me beautiful.
Education strengthened my skills and reinforced what I love.
Life is the big canvas, create with intention my motto.
As I woke up, life looked different.
Life can change in an instant (mine did).
I saw my husband in a meditation before we met. I recognized his red beard, bright eyes and warm heart. We both held the same intention: let the person looking for me find me. Our lives intertwined and a shared life and business path began. After a series of synchronicities, we moved to a small city and took over a yoga studio. At each step, I built courage to befriend the unknown and trust in my ability to figure it out as I went.
Business was a crash course in leadership.
Brand school was born.
I loved the creative expression I found in business. At the same time, I had sidelined my own gifts of art-making and creative writing. I told myself that it was necessary, but I walked further from my joy. I took my hard-won lessons and put them into Intentional Brand School. I love teaching creators how to use branding to find success with greater ease.
Loss changed me.
Grief raged a fire through my soul and burnt down everything unnecessary.
I looked around the barren landscape of my heart and, to my surprise, saw that it was ripe with new life.
The black charred soil is sprouting the most unlikely dreams.
What does success mean to you?
Is it time for you step into your fulfillment?
I will walk with you and be the keeper of your story and light. I will support you to feel into the truth of who you are. Together, we will weave words and images that share your beauty and how it meets the world in an offering.
Here’s a talk where I share the background on my career and the reasons I am passionate about doing the work I do.
- MFA (2009) Visual Art, Specializing in Mixed Media
- Royal College of Art, London UK placement (2008)
- BA (2007) Visual Art & English Language & Literature
- Feng Shui Practitioner
- Compassionate Inquiry with Dr. Gabor Mate
- Conscious Communication, Level 2 Teacher Training
- Life Cycles, Level 2 Teacher Training
- Kundalini Yoga Teacher
- Yoga for At Risk Youth Teacher
- Yin Yoga Teacher
- 2011- current Lisa Borin Miller Design & Consulting
- 2016-2020 Vice President, The City of Camrose Arts and Culture Council
- 2013-2020 Sacred Arts Co-Founder
- 2015-6 The City of Camrose Arts and Culture Master Planner
- 2011-2 Communications & Creative Design Manager, Arctos & Bird Management, Banff
- Curator & Collections/Project Manager, The Juniper Hotel, Banff
- 2010-11 Program Coordinator, Literary Arts, Banff Centre
- 2010 Instructor, Drawing II: Extended Studies, Alberta University of the Arts
- 2009 Assistant Instructor: Art Fundamentals 2D, U of Calgary
- 2008 Assistant Instructor: Applied Concepts in Art, U of Calgary
Since 2007, I have exhibited artwork in divserse cities including, St. Catharines (Rodman Hall), Oregon, Calgary, Toronto, Germany, Nova Scotia, Iceland, Switzerland, Berlin and Japan.
I am grateful to have received awards and grants including:
- City/Community Project Grants in Banff and Camrose
- Untapped Emerging Artist Award The Artist Project Toronto
- URGC Thesis Research Grant Centre for Research in Fine Art Research Grant
- Alberta Graduate Student Scholarship
- Elsie Mary Bell Scholars Endowment
- Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship
- Alberta Foundation for the Arts Master’s Scholarship International Research Grant: U of Calgary
- Graduate Research Scholarship Graduate Studies Award, Harpweaver Award for Visual Arts